Peer phone offers a chance to talk with a former problem gambler or with a concerned significant other.
Peers, both PG's and CSO's, have solved their own problems and are now willing to offer their experience-based support to others in need.
At the moment there are 8 different PG-peers and 4 different CSO-peers. We try to find a person who have similar experiences, life situation etc so that you would have
We've got good feedback from clients who have taken advantage of this opportunity
”Talking in a phone helped a lot"
”Conversation gave strenght and confidence: I'm not alone and I have a chance to survive from this crisis”
Peer-PG's (8 persons)
- women and men with different ages
- Have stopped gambling / got gambling under control several years ago
- Also one PG with digital gaming problem (not gambling problem)
- most of them like to speak only finnish on a phone, but one of them's mother tongue is Swedish
Peer-CSO's (4 persons)
- Parents & spouses who have suffered of their significant other's gambling problem.
- One of them speaks fluent english
Got interested? Reserve a call by:
- Call to Peluuri helpline: 0800 100 101 (weekdays noon to 6 pm): let's find a suitable peer for you together.
- or fill this form. Pelirajat'on-worker will contact you by phone and find a "phone peer" for you.