How to gamble less?
Some tips to avoid gambling, and what else you can do:
- Decide beforehand how much money you will spend on gambling. In order to not exceed the amount, do not carry extra money with you and leave all your credit cards home.
- Decide beforehand how much time you will spend on gambling. There is more to life than just gambling. Go out and meet your friends, or try to make new friends.
- Keep your promises. Don’t break them just because you want to continue to gamble.
- Remember that the odds are always againts the player! The chances of losing are always bigger than those of winning. The gaming companies will always win in the end. Keep count of your losses. No system can guarantee winning.
- If you win, stop playing.
- Remember, the longer you play the more you will probably lose.
- Don’t try to chase your losses.
- Don’t borrow money to keep on playing.
- Avoid places with gaming machines.
- If you can’t do that on your own, get a voluntary self-exclusion from your gaming venue.
- Close gaming websites on your computer. Check GamBlock, it will indeed save you more money than the price of purchase.
- If you can’t make it by yourself, call our helpline or a friend. Try to get help
- Are you nervous, feeling sick and in distress when not gambling? You should change your gambling habits right away. Otherwise you can become addicted to gambling.
- Make a list of reasons why you should not gamble and look at it when you feel an urge to play.
- Seek help if you can’t do without gambling.